Ground was broken in 1886 for Administration Building, the first new building venture of the Sisters "on the Hill." The architect was Joseph Stillburg. Hoover, Hughes, and Company was the contractors. 1887, cornerstone lain on April 27th. In 1889, the building was completed in spring. In 1896 the Administration Annex, with dining rooms and kitchen on the first floor, Cecilian Hall on the second, and Saint Joseph Chapel on the 3rd, was built by the Pittsburgh contractors, L. Benz and Brothers. The chapel, which was designed by A. Druiding, a Chicago architect, seats 500. At this time, the original bay window was removed.